Welcome to the 2007 edition of getting to know your friends. What you are supposed to do is copy (not forward) this entire e-mail and paste it onto a new e-mail that you'll send. Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to a whole bunch of people including the person who sent it to you. Put your name in the subject line. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends, if you did not know them already.
1. What time is it: 12:13 AM CET
2. What time did you get up this morning? Can't remember, but there was a headache in there...
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Scott Walker: 30 Century Man. A documentary at the Berlinale. Um, seeing a percussionist pound meat for "the right sound" is just what I expect of art films.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Don't have one because I HAVE A LIFE. Wait, then why am I answering this...
5. What did you have for breakfast? Skipped it today, but had a nice lunch with Wendy. Did we really talk about sex clubs or was I fantasizing again?
6. What is your middle name? Rhymes with navel. Ok, not really...
7. What is your favorite cuisine? East Asian, whatever it is.
8. What foods do you dislike? Things that are still moving...and percussionist-pounded meat.
9. Your favorite chips? People have favorites?
10. What is your favorite CD? Of all time or now? Hm. Maybe ABBA? "If you change your mind, I'm the first in line... " Kidding!
11. What kind of car do you drive? It's called PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. Leave the U.S., and you will love it too.
12. Favorite sandwich? Eggs and cheese on wheat.
13. What are characteristics you can't stand? Hypocrisy, lack of self-awareness and control of the White House.
14. What are your favorite clothes? Whatever it is, it is probably black...or no clothes at all.
15. If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would it be? Does "from my own thoughts" count?
49. What time did you finish this e-mail? 12:40, but that's because I got into a long conversation with Vicki who called to wish me a Happy Valentine's Day and catch me up on figure skating news. And because I skipped questions 15-48. Oh, and 50 ain't happening either.
Doug, for the love of god, just don't ever send one of these again.